Recent Fulbright Grantees and Alumni Publications
(A partial list)
- Fulbright U.S. Student grantee Mr. Dane Carlson, authored an article titled “Emerging Hybridity and the New Vernacular Landscape”, in Frontiers Journals of July 31 2018.
- Fulbright U.S. Student grantee Ms. Jocelyn Powelson, “Life and livelihood in remote Nepal: easing the daily struggle of families in a fillage far, far away from Kathmandu,” in Nepali Times of September 28, 2018.
- Fulbright U.S. Student grantee Mr. Michael D. Gordon, “Sacred Survival,” in Nepali Times of May 11, 2018.
- Fulbright U.S. Student grantee Ms. Michele Clark co-authored an article on Nepal’s invasive plant problem titled “Invaders” in The Kathmandu Post of April 17, 2018.
- Fulbright Specialist Program alum Dr. Patrice Moulton authored an article on post-earthquake mental health, “Distress,” The Kathmandu Post, February 25, 2018.
- Fulbright Senior Scholar program alum Dr. David Holmberg gave a lecture on “Ethnography, History, Culture: Enduring Oppositions and Creative Dynamism in Nepal” as the Social Science Baha’s Mahesh Chandra Regmi Lecture 2017 on December 11, 2017, at the Hotel Annapurna in Durbarmarg, Kathmandu.
- Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad Program alum Ms. Jessica Vantine Birkenholtz's new book “Reciting the Goddess” has been released. For details, see link.
- Fulbright Nepali Master’s program alum Ms. Kunti Adhikari, “Multiple Realities,” The Kathmandu Post, February 10, 2018.
- Fulbright English Teaching Assistant (ETA) Program alum Ms. Hannah E. Haegeland
- Hannah Haegeland (with Yun Sun), "China and Crisis Management in South Asia," in Investigating Crises: South Asia's Lessons, Evolving Dynamics, and Trajectories, eds. Sameer Lalwani and Hannah Haegeland (Washington, D.C.: Stimson Center, 2018).
- Hannah Haegeland (with Sameer Lalwani), "Don't Fear Pakistan's Participation in China's New Silk Road,'" Defense One, May 12, 2017.
- Hannah Haegeland, "Nepal's Pivot to China May be Too Late," The National Interest, May 20, 2016.
- Hannah Haegeland, "Why India Needs to Make Itself Heard in Nepal," The Diplomat, September 17, 2015.
- Hannah Haegeland, "What India Loses by Pushing Nepal into Crisis," The Daily O, August 10, 2015.
- Fulbright Post-Doctoral Program alum Dr. Surya Raj Niraula and U.S. Fulbright alum Dr. Frederick A. Connell published "Probability Sampling in Matched Case-Control Study in Drug Abuse" in the International Journal of Statistics in Medical Research on February 6, 2018.
- NESA UGRAD alum Mr. Biplob Acharya published an article on "Inclusive Education" in Nepali vernacular newspaper Nagarik on B.S. Magh 9, 2074.