Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowships are awarded competitively to mid-career, policy-level professionals with proven leadership skills and a commitment to public service in either the public or private sector. This NON-DEGREE fellowship provides for one academic year (usually ten months) of study and related professional experiences in the U.S. in a variety of development oriented fields. Recently, the Humphrey program has made it possible for candidates to participate in a Long-Term English program, thus allowing a broader range of candidates to be selected.
Current fields of study and affiliation under the Humphrey Program include:
- Agricultural Development/Agricultural Economics
- Economic Development
- Education, including Educational Planning, Educational Administration, Curriculum Development, Teaching of English as a Foreign Language;
- Finance and Banking
- Human Resource Management
- Law and Human Rights
- Natural Resources and Environmental Management
- Public Health Policy and Management, including HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention as well as Drug Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention;
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Technology Policy and Management and
- Urban and Regional Planning
The annual Humphrey Fellowship Program competition in Nepal is usually announced in June of each year and interviews held in September. The Commission annually nominates up to six candidates whose final selection is made in the U.S.