The Opportunity Funding Program 2014 at USEF-Nepal
With the belief that lack of finances should not deter a talented student from applying to a U.S. university, the Opportunity Funding Program funds selected up-front costs associated with applying to U.S. colleges and universities. The Opportunity Funding Program will NOT fund the costs associated with attending U.S. colleges and universities. Therefore, this program is targeted toward students with excellent academic records and high chances of being awarded full funding from U.S. colleges and universities. Only students with demonstrated financial need - those who cannot afford to pay the up-front costs of applying to U.S. colleges - are eligible for the Opportunity Funding Program.
Students selected for the Opportunity Funding Program will be supported for the following expenses incurred while applying to U.S. colleges or universities:
- TOEFL and SAT/ ACT registration fees.
- College and university application fees.
- Postage/courier fees for dispatching college and university applications.
- U.S. student visa fees and SEVIS fees.
- Travel to a testing center or U.S. Embassy (for students from outside the Kathmandu Valley).
The Opportunity Funding Program supports students applying to enroll in the undergraduate (Bachelor's) degree at an accredited U.S. college or university. The program does NOT support transfer students or students applying at the graduate (i.e. Master's or Ph.D.) level. Eligible students should be applying to enroll at a U.S. institution in the Fall 2014 semester.
Opportunity Funding Program applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrated financial need.
- Outstanding academic records.
- 80% or higher on SLC in Nepal.
- Completed Class 11 (or first year of A-Levels, or equivalent) and currently enrolled in Class 12 (or final year of A-Levels, or equivalent); or completed Class 12 (or equivalent).
- Applying for the undergraduate degree for Fall semester of 2014 at an accredited college or university in the United States.
Students who do not meet all of the above mentioned criteria should NOT apply for the Opportunity Funding Program. Students who meet the above criteria should complete the Opportunity Funding Program Application Form 2014 and submit it by email to email@example.com before 4:00 p.m. on Monday, April 1, 2013. Hand written applications, hand delivered applications, or applications delivered by postal service or other means will not be considered. Applicants should carefully read Guidelines for Opportunity Funding Program Application Form for detailed instructions on properly completing the Application Form.
The Opportunity Funding Program will fund selected students' specified costs associated with applying to U.S. colleges and universities. Additionally, USEF-Nepal will provide Opportunity Funding Program students with special guidance and advising on the college application process, college selection, scholarship search and all other aspects of applying to and attending U.S. colleges and universities. Though the Program cannot guarantee the ultimate success of selected candidates in securing admissions or adequate financial aid at U.S. colleges and universities, it provides students the opportunity to apply, which they may not otherwise have had.
For further information about the Opportunity Funding Program, please read Opportunity Funding Program FAQs. Additionally, USEF-Nepal will offer three Question & Answer (Q&A) sessions to address questions relating to the Opportunity Funding Program. To attend an Opportunity Funding Program Q&A session, please be present at USEF-Nepal's auditorium in Gyaneswor, Kathmandu at one of these times:
- Friday, March 15, 2013 at 4:15 p.m.
- Friday, March 22, 2013 at 4:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 4:15 p.m.
Please note that phone, email, and in-person queries regarding Opportunity Funding Program will not be entertained.
Qualified students who meet the Opportunity Funding Program criteria are highly encouraged to apply. Please read the following documents to learn more about or to apply for the Opportunity Funding Program 2014:
Opportunity Funding Program FAQs
Guidelines for Opportunity Funding Program Application Form
Download the Opportunity Funding Program Application Form
Thank you for your interest in the Opportunity Funding Program at USEF-Nepal. Please explore this website for information on USEF-Nepal's services, scholarship programs, and information on U.S. higher education.
March 4, 2013
- Opportunity Funding Program FAQs
- Guidelines for Opportunity Funding Program Application Form
- Download the Opportunity Funding Program Application Form