- 1. Program Description
- 2. Important Dates
- 3. Eligibility Requirements
- 4. Application Link and Instructions
- 5. Tips for Essay Questions
- 6. Plagiarism
- 7. Tips for Letter of Recommendations
- 8. Format for Resume
- 9. Uploading documents
8. Format for Resume
LAST NAME, FIRST NAME
complete mailing address, email@example.com
M.A., Sustainable International Development, Brandeis University, The Heller School for Social Policy and Management, Waltham, MA, 2017
M.A., Anthropology, Tri-Chandra Multiple Campus, Kathmandu, Nepal, 2004
B.A., Humanities and Social Science, Damak Multiple Campus, Jhapa, Nepal, 2002PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
United Nations Development Programme,Programme Intern, New York, 2016-2017
- Coordinated with UN agencies and NGOs for mainstreaming livelihood issues of indigenous and local communities.
- Reviewed proposals and nominations for UN Climate Change Conference and Equator Prize to recognize the nature-based solutions of indigenous and local people.
- Assessed Equator Prize case studies on food security and sustainable livelihoods to identify nearly 350 nature-based food security strategies around the world.
- Categorized hundreds of actions from National Biodiversity Strategic Action Plans (NBSAPs) and examined their contribution to SDGs.
Public Welfare Society of Nepal, Jalapa, Khotang, 2004-2013
Social Mobilization Coordinator, Khotang, Nepal, December 2009-August 2013
- Conducted strategic planning and M&E; raised awareness and trained community stakeholders for better access to services, resources, and assets.
- Designed, implemented, and monitored dozens of educational projects channeled through local government planning process that benefited 5500 marginalized households.
- Analyzed socio-economic context in Ramechhap, Okhaldhunga, and Khotang districts.
- Provided technical support to staff and liaised with government and stakeholders.
- Coordinated high-level visits and sharing workshops; prepared reports, advocacy notes, and issue papers.
Project Coordinator/Researcher, Khotang, Nepal, 2008-2009
- Designed research strategies and methodologies, including tools, and questionnaires.
- Planned and supervised 16 demo plots, including in public schools, to enhance alternative farming techniques and sustainable livelihood strategies.
- Organized training for staff and communities to localize the concept of climate change.
- Designed local adaptation plans to minimize the risks and impacts from climate alteration in agriculture.
- Lobbied local government to incorporate research findings into programs and policies.
General Secretary, Khotang, Nepal, 2004-2008
- Supported cohorts in designing strategy; liaised with government and stakeholders.
- Designed community development projects,training manuals, and M&E plan; emphasized participatory methods in planning, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Managed grants, reviewed project reports and prepared a compiled annual report.
Jyoti Experimental Community-Managed Secondary School, Education Coordinator, Jalapa, Khotang, 2006 -2009
- Managed administrative duties, designed and implemented school improvement plans.
- Strengthened community’s ownership towards public education.
- Empowered ECD facilitators, teachers, SMC, and PTA members including communities through regular training and interactions.
- Implemented progressive school fees to enhance affordable education.
- Maintained effective coordination and worked closely with government counterparts and stakeholders.
Jalapa Higher Secondary School, Sociology and Anthropology Teacher, Jalapa, Khotang, 2004-2007
- Introduced interactive learning and research techniques into the classroom.
- Trained, mobilized, and monitored 50 students every year.
Center for Research on Environmental Health & Population Activities, Research Assistant, Kathmandu 2002-2003
- Helped designresearch methodology, sample size, and questionnaires.
- Interviewed 2000 people,including students, and conducted qualitative/quantitative data coding & analysis.
- Disseminated research findingsat different levels to enhance public awareness.
“Pathways of Strengthening Food Security in Nepal: Lessons from Indigenous and Local Communities around the World,” M.A. Paper, Brandeis University, MA, April 2017.
“National Biodiversity Strategies and Action Plans: Natural Catalysts for Accelerating Action on Sustainable Development Goals,” Interim Report, United Nations Development Programme, Dec 2016, Researched under J. Ervin. UNDP, NY.
“Challenges of Early Childhood Development in Nepal” Jyoti Secondary School Smarika, No.1, March, 2013.
“Illness and its Rural Medication Techniques in Nepal,” Khambuwanpatra, No. 2, May 28, 2011.
“Development and the Role of Traditional Knowledge,” Khambuwanpatra, No. 9, Dec 19, 2011.
“Perception of Illness and Local Healing Practices: A Case Study of Rai People in Eastern Hill,” M.A. Paper, Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, June 2004.
Heller Merit Award, Brandeis University, 2016-2017.
Heller Annual Fund Awards, Brandeis University, 2016.
Conference Grant recipient, 2016, Brandeis University, for Global Health and Innovation Conference, at Yale University, April 2016.
English (Excellent), Nepali (Excellent), Hindi (Intermediate), Newari (Basic), Maithili (Basic)