Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program 2024-25 Visiting Scholar Program deadline- 11:59 PM November 6, 2023 The Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program for Nepali Post-Doctoral Researchers and Senior Artists The Fulbright Commission in…
About the Program
The Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program (Fulbright TEA) is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. Teachers are nominated to participate in the Fulbright TEA Program based on their educational experience, academic training, leadership and professional experience. Through these exchanges, educators forge lasting connections and prepare their students to be future leaders, equipped to work with others around the world to address global challenges. Fellows have the opportunity to expand professional leadership skills and build mutual understanding within their U.S. host communities too.
1. When can I apply for the program?
The program opens in January.
2. What are the eligibility requirements?
- Be citizens of and residents of Nepal
- Be current secondary school-level, full-time teachers in a school that primarily serves public and private school students; (preference will be given to candidates from disadvantaged groups, including individuals with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply)
- Have five or more years of classroom experience in TEA teaching disciplines: English, Social Studies, -Mathematics, Science, and special education
3. Do I need to be a perfect English speaker?
Applicants have to be proficient in written and spoken English with the ability to obtain good score in paper-based or internet based-based TOEFL exam if selected.