The Fulbright Commission in Nepal is pleased to announce the annual competition for the Visiting Scholar Program which has provided thousands of schools.
The 2021-2022 Competition is now closed. The 2022-2023 competition will open in the fall of 2021. Please check back.
The Fulbright Commission in Nepal is pleased to announce the annual competition for the Visiting Scholar Program which has provided thousands of scholars with the opportunity to develop collaborative research and/or artistic relationships with US scholars or artists; and to enhance scholarly publications and other contributions with research and/or artistic practice conducted in the US and to establish professional contacts in their field and make long-lasting friendships with colleagues in the US.
The 2021-2022 Visiting Scholar grant is for a duration up to nine months of residence in the US. Initial screening and endorsement of a scholar/artist’s application are done by the Nepal Fulbright Commission and invited external reviewers who are experts in the fields of applications submitted. The application is then forwarded to The Council for International Exchange of Scholars (CIES) and the US Department of State by the Nepal Fulbright Commission. Final selection of all grants is made by the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board.
Interested applicants must visit the Fulbright Commission website usefnepal.org/postdoc/ for further details about the program and the application process.
The deadline for application submission is 4 p.m. Wednesday, November 4, 2020.
An information session will be held on Tuesday, October 13, 2020 from 10 a.m- 11:30 a.m.
- Citizenship or permanent resident status qualifying you to hold a valid passport issued in Nepal
- Doctoral degree (for researchers) or equivalent professional training or experience at the time of application (for artists)
- A minimum of three years of post-doctoral professional experience in Nepal (for post-doctoral researchers); a minimum of five years of experience in the area and at least three years continuous residence in Nepal prior to the grant application (for artists) is required
- A detailed statement of proposed activity for research and/or an artistic project at a US institution
- A formal affiliation at a US university or research institution (for artist applicants, this affiliation may be at a US university, museum or cultural institution)
- Proficiency in English appropriate to the proposed project
- Sound physical and mental health
For further queries:
Contact the Fulbright Scholarship team between 2 p.m.- 4 p.m. (Mon-Fri):
9863 026 750, 9851123258