- Be current secondary school-level, full-time teachers in a school that primarily serves public and private school students; (preference will be given to candidates from disadvantaged groups, including individuals with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply)
- Have five or more years of classroom experience in TEA teaching disciplines: English, Social Studies, Mathematics, Science, and special education;
- Be citizens of and residents of Nepal;
- Be proficient in written and spoken English with the ability to obtain good score in paper-based or internet-based TOEFL exam; and
- Demonstrate a commitment to continue teaching after the completion of the program.