- Individuals holding US master’s degree/s already. Preference will be given to those without prior US or foreign experience
- Individuals who have previously resided in the US for six months or more during the preceding five years prior to the application submission deadline
- Individuals with, or in the process of obtaining, US citizenship or US permanent resident status
- Employees of USEF-Nepal and local employees of US Mission in Nepal who work for the US Department of State, and their spouses and dependent children are ineligible for grants during the period of their employment and for one year following the termination of employment
- Individuals applying for a degree in medicine and nursing.