2022-2023 Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program
The deadline for AY 2022-2023 Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program is over.
- Program Information
- Grant Benefits
- Eligibility Requirements
- Application Review Process
- Arrangements For Affiliation With A US Host Institution
- Application Link & Instructions
- The Project Statement
- List of Documents Required for Application Submission
- Past Grantees Profile
- Contact Us
Application Review Process
- Online application submission deadline is 11:59 PM, November 21, 2021.
- Interviews will be held in December
- Scholars/artists from Nepal arrange their own affiliations with US Institutions, which is required as part of the application- See Arrangements for Affiliation with a US host Institution
- Initial screening and endorsement of a scholar/artist’s application are done by the Nepal Fulbright Commission and invited external reviewers who are experts in the fields of applications submitted
- The application is then forwarded to CIES and the US Department of State by the Nepal Fulbright Commission. Final selection of all grants is made by the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board
- It is the policy of the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board not to give specific reasons to individual applicants, to others inquiring on their behalf, or to the public generally, for selection or non-selection of applicants for awards under the program, except when required by law.
- Applicants will be considered without regard to race, religion, sex, age and/or physical impairment
- Preference is given to those without recent experience in the US or abroad
- Applicants should be representative and responsible citizens who can contribute to a full and fair picture of the culture of their own countries and thereby contribute to understanding between the people of the US and their country. They should also demonstrate the cross-cultural sensitivity and flexibility needed to adjust successfully to the life in the US