2023-2024 Fulbright Specialist Program
Deadline: August 14, 2023
- Program Information
- Eligibility Requirements for Host Institutions
- Eligible Disciplines
- Ineligible Institutions, Fields, and Activities
- Fulbright Specialist Program Activities
- Program Parameters
- Identifying Fulbright Specialists
- Application Process for Host Institutions
- Specialist Program Impacts
- Contact Information
- Individuals Interested in Serving as a Fulbright Specialist
- After a project proposal is received, it will be reviewed by the Fulbright Commission. Only project proposals that are completed in their entirety will be reviewed. Please note that the Fulbright Commission typically receives more project proposals from prospective host institutions than it is able to support with limited funding. Therefore, not all proposals submitted will be approved.
- If your project proposal is approved by the Fulbright Commission, it must then be approved by ECA
- Host institutions must provide details regarding in-country arrangements and cost share for the Specialist in their project proposal.
- Joint proposals by a group of Nepali institutions are strongly encouraged.
- While applicants who have previously participated in a Fulbright exchange are eligible to participate in the Fulbright Specialist Program, preference will be given to candidates who have not previously received a Fulbright grant or had significant overseas experience. A Specialist candidate will not be approved for a second Fulbright Specialist grant unless two years have passed from the date of completion of the previous Fulbright Specialist grant.