2021-2022 Fulbright Specialist Program
The deadline for 2021-2022 Fulbright Specialist Program is over.
- Fulbright Specialist Program Information
- Eligibility Requirements for Host Institutions
- Eligible Disciplines
- Fulbright Specialist Program Activities
- Program Parameters
- Multi-Visit (Serial Projects)
- Identifying Fulbright Specialists
- Program Funding and Cost Share
- Application Process for Host Institutions
- Specialist Program Impacts
- Contact Information
- Individuals Interested in Serving as a Fulbright Specialist
- Host institutions must provide details regarding in-country arrangements and cost share for the Specialist in their project proposal.
- Joint proposals by a group of Nepali institutions are strongly encouraged.
- While applicants who have previously participated in a Fulbright exchange are eligible to participate in the Fulbright Specialist Program, preference will be given to candidates who have not previously received a Fulbright grant or had significant overseas experience. A Specialist candidate will not be approved for a second Fulbright Specialist grant unless two years have passed from the date of completion of the previous Fulbright Specialist grant.
- Applications are assessed by a Fulbright Commission Selection Committee. Successful applications are recommended to World Learning in the U.S., and the U.S. Department of State. Final approval can take several weeks.