2021-2022 Fulbright Specialist Program
The deadline for 2021-2022 Fulbright Specialist Program is over.
- Fulbright Specialist Program Information
- Eligibility Requirements for Host Institutions
- Eligible Disciplines
- Fulbright Specialist Program Activities
- Program Parameters
- Multi-Visit (Serial Projects)
- Identifying Fulbright Specialists
- Program Funding and Cost Share
- Application Process for Host Institutions
- Specialist Program Impacts
- Contact Information
- Individuals Interested in Serving as a Fulbright Specialist
Program Funding and Cost Share
Fulbright Specialist projects are funded through a combination of U.S. government support and host institution contributions.
The U.S. Department of State typically covers roundtrip, economy class international airfare, enrollment in a limited health benefits plan, and a daily honorarium for participating Fulbright Specialists. In general, host institutions should be prepared to provide the Specialist with lodging, meals, and in-country transportation, either through monetary or in-kind contributions, throughout their full stay in country. The stipend for in-country transportation should allow the Specialist to travel to and from their lodging and project activity site as well as allow the Specialist to conduct local activities such as grocery shopping or visiting a local market, pharmacy, etc.