2021-2022 Fulbright Specialist Program
The deadline for 2021-2022 Fulbright Specialist Program is over.
- Fulbright Specialist Program Information
- Eligibility Requirements for Host Institutions
- Eligible Disciplines
- Fulbright Specialist Program Activities
- Program Parameters
- Multi-Visit (Serial Projects)
- Identifying Fulbright Specialists
- Program Funding and Cost Share
- Application Process for Host Institutions
- Specialist Program Impacts
- Contact Information
- Individuals Interested in Serving as a Fulbright Specialist
Identifying Fulbright Specialists
Host institutions are not required to identify U.S. academics or professionals to serve as their project’s Fulbright Specialist prior to submitting their project proposal. On the contrary, if a host institution’s project is approved, the program’s implementing partner, World Learning, will identify candidates on the Fulbright Specialist Roster whose professional experience, academic credentials, and foreign language skills match the knowledge and skills articulated by the host institution in its project proposal as being critical to the project’s successful implementation. World Learning will then search the Roster and share a list of up to five qualified candidates with the host institution to review and select from
If a host institution has identified a candidate that it would like to serve as the Fulbright Specialist, please note that the following conditions must be met:
- Host institutions must provide a justification for why they would like that individual to serve as the Fulbright Specialist
- The individual must be approved by World Learning and Fulbright Commission;
- The individual must be approved to join the Fulbright Specialist Roster; and
- The Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board must approve the individual.
For more information on the Specialist matching process and the Fulbright Specialist Roster, please visit http://fulbrightspecialist.worldlearning.org.